Hiking the Inca Trail in 2019
Are you hoping to hike the Inca Trail in 2019? Ever since Machu Picchu earned the distinction of being one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007, its popularity has been increasing steadily and we are seeing people from every possible corner of the world now in Peru sporting trekking poles and camelbacks! The Inca Trail is selling out as much as 8 months in advance.
It's never too early to start thinking of making your dream come true! but booking early is key to making sure you get your preferred start date - especially for March, April, May and June treks, some dates of which sell out the very day they are released.
(Every Year on February the Inca Trail is closed for a month) Many people don’t realize that there is a limit of 500 trekkers per day to start the Inca Trail, and that number includes all of the support staff – guides, cooks, and porters.
In order to preserve the integrity of this famous part of what the Inca called the Qhapaq Ñan – the 24,500 mile system of paths that run through the Andes and the ancient Inca Empire and is now recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site – no hooved pack animals are allowed along the majority of what is now known as the Inca Trail. We therefore have to rely on people to help us carry camping gear, food, sleeping and cooking supplies.
In ancient times these people were called “chasquis” which means Inca runners,they ran like lightning along these paths tag-team style, and were famed for the speed in which they could get messages across the vast expanse of the Inca Empire.Today, for each group of 6 trekkers, Runas Expeditions will have 11 porters, 1 chef and 1 guide. So you can see that we need triple the number of permits to enter the Inca Trail as we have trekkers.
Thus the high demand for the 500-per-day permits.Book your Inca trail now with the best team of people. Runas Expeditions ¨ Your Journey Our Passion ¨
Because you are our passion.
Why we Suggest Runas Expeditions?
- To provide sustainable tourism and informative tours to Machu Picchu.
- To educate not only about the Inca culture and history but also connect with the hearts of local people and have a good relationship and unique experience.
- To provide a memorable and enjoyable experience in our adventure trekking or any other tours.
- To maintain a 100% local property overlooking to support our local communities by providing jobs and focuses on reinvesting in communities and schools.
- To provide equitable services to our porters machine (our porters), providing the best appropriate equipment for them to do their jobs, health insurance and deservedly to be paid for their tireless work.
What is our Vision?
- We quality and personalized service no matter what kind of journey or tour prefer our customers, we will always be attentive to your inanities.
- We want those who choose to train to visit Machu Picchu, you will be treated with the same dedication as those who spend a few days with us on treks through the mountains.
- We are very flexible allowing any more options for the trip event.
- Create respect and admiration in our visitors and ourselves to our Inca culture.
- To provide an experience beyond imagination.
- To help people experiencing things that they did not know what they wanted to see until they saw or experienced.
- Reviews are very useful and appreciated of course - but there's nothing like a good recommendation from a satisfied customer.
- To be recognized as the lead agency & Tour Operator in the Cusco region and contributes greatly to the development of the tourism sector.
The Values of Runas Expeditions?
- Honesty and integrity.
- Safety for you, our leaders Guides are an integral part of the security on every trip.
- Client = Friend = family.
- Working in family.
- A commitment to culture, history and society of the Andean world.
- Dedication and much professionalism to our customers.
- Teamwork - Knowledge, Experience and Dedication.
- Communication is very important for any event.
- Creative and Innovating - Solidarity.
- Replace the attacks and criticisms by proposals and actions.
- Caring for the environment.
- Made by Peruvian 100%.
We are ambitous
To build a fully sustainable company that offers quality service to visitors and at the same time developing methods to help children in the Cusco region and because not too many children have educational opportunities in Peru and help Andean villages to support themselves while providing this service is of high quality.
Your personal safety and a pleasant trip is another of our ambitions.
Luxurious Services with RUNAS EXPEDITIONS it’s not about the prices, it’s about the hight quality service that we have.
Runas Expeditions Peru Tour Operator
is a leader tour company in trekking excursions and traditional tourism to Machu Picchu. We will be working together to create you the best trip lifetime in Peru, All our tours are strictly operated by Runas Expeditions with the best professional team.