Your Journey our Passion
This trail offers a great views of the sacred Valley of the Incas and the amazing mountain range of Urubamba, If you are late to book the classic two days trek, this is a great alternative option as you will be trekking one full day without any crowds and still on the Inca trail and visiting the Inca ruins of Huchuy Qosqo (means little Cusco). In one day of hiking you will be learning so many things about Inca history, local traditions, the Andes and much more.
We offer you the best experience ever in the Mountain Andes and do not forget, and you will be hiking on part of the Inca Trail.
You will hike with the best team made of our guides, chefs. You will be proud of the people in our team for their hard work. We treat our team very well and provide them with everything they need to work well and respond to your needs.
The tour guide will meet you at your hotel one day before your tour to give you a briefing. They will tell you all about your tour, and answer any questions you may have. It is important to us that you ask any questions you may have so the tour guide will get you ready for your amazing tour.
Price: U.S.$ 400.00 per PersonBook Now
DAY 1: CUSCO – QUENCO – LAMAY – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES.
We will pick you up at 5:00am from your Hotel and drive for 1 hour and 30 minutes to the beginning of the hike called quenco, before hiking you will enjoy the delicious breakfast from our chef.
You will start hiking around 8:00am with amazing views. Today you will have the opportunity to learn about Inca culture and the local tradition, because what you are going to see around these places is traditions and how the local people live in the Peruvians Mountains which is part of the Andes.
Along the way also you will be able to see Llamas and Alpacas. The highest point of this amazing trek is Pukapujio 4400 m / 14080 ft. You will be hiking on the Inca trail with amazing views of the high lands. After 3 and half hours of hiking you will arrive at HuchuyQosqo Inca Site (3600m or 11800ft). HuchuyQosqo site has the best views ever, because of the location of the area, it’s unique.
In huchuy Qosqo you will be able to see Inca agriculture terraces, irrigate system, temples, stored houses, reservoir for water, and much more; you will have a guiding tour with your Tour guide, and after that you will get free time to take more pictures. later on we will carry on hiking all the down for 2 hours in direction to Lamay town where our chef will be waiting for us with our delicious lunch (sacred valley of the Incas 2900m or 9100ft). After lunch you will say goodbye to the chef.
From Lamay town we will drive 1 hour and half to Ollantaytambo town train station and have dinner at the same place, you will be driving along the sacred valley of the Incas with the amazing views, and also if you have time you can visit Ollantaytambo Inca Town because this place is still original Inca town and also you can try the Inca beer called CHICHA or AJHA. Afterwards you will take the train to Aguas Calientes town which will take 1 hour and half. Once you will be there, your tour Guide will take you to your accommodation hotel.
- Meals: breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner.
- Rain poncho.
- Walking distance 10km
- sacred valley and some villages
- Visit the Gate of the Puma (the great canyon).
- Visit the local bar and learn all about the Inca beer called Chicha.
- Visit Huchuy Qosqo ( little cusco ).
- Private minivan from cusco to the beginning of the trek.
- Private minivan from Lamay to Ollantaytambo train station.
- Touristic train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes town.
- Overnight at hotel.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO.
The most important and your magical day! You will get up and have breakfast early at the hotel, because the first bus to Machupicchu is at 5:30am. If you want to see the sunrise at Machupicchu site, you have to get up early. We will drive half an hour to reach the Inca city Machupicchu. The Inca ruins Machupicchu opens at 6:00am. Your guiding tour at Machupicchu will take 2 hours approximately.
After your tour, you will have free time to visit by yourself, so you can go to the sun gate, Inca bridge, Machupicchu Mountain, Huaynapicchu Mountain. Once you have done Machupicchu, you take a bus back to Aguas Calientes. You will meet up with your tour guide in Aguas Calientes town to get your train ticket, or you can collect your ticket in machupicchu.
Your transportation back to Cusco will be by train and bus. From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo town, you will take a train, which will take 1 hour and half. After that, from Ollantaytambo to Cusco, you will go by our private van, which will take 2 hours.
All transportation in Cusco or anywhere will be to your hotel.
Note: all our tour guides will take you to the official place to take the classic pictures of Machupicchu, and after this the tour guide will start the tour. Also, if you would like to hike Machupicchu or Huaynapicchu Mountain, or do any other upgrade, please let us know and we will arrange.
Huaynapicchu and Machupicchu Mountain you should book in advance like 3 month before doing any tours in Peru.
- Breakfast at Hotel.
- Early tour in machupicchu.
- Round bus trip tickets to machupicchu.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Private minivan from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Rain poncho.
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE.
- Original passport.
- Immigration card.
- Walking stick.
- Good backpack or daypack.
- Waterproof jacket.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Sun protection cream.
- Insect repellent
- Toilet paper.
- Personal medication.
- Extra money for souvenirs, or any emergency.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Assistant Guide (for more than 9 people).
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Transportation to the starting point of trek and Transportation back in Cusco.
- Private Transportation from Lamay town to Ollantaytambo town.
- Train Service from Ollantaytambo town to Aguas Calientes.
- Train service from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Accommodation hotel at Aguas Calientes ***.
- Round trip Bus ticket from MachuPicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Entrance fee to HUCHUYQOSQO Inca Site.
- Entrance fee MachuPicchu site.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- Kitchen tent.
- Chef and assistant chef.
- Drinking water (boiled and filtered).
- 2 breakfasts, 1 lunches, 1 dinner.
- Rain poncho.
- Pre-Trek Briefing.
- Rain covers for your backpacks.
- First Aid kit and oxygen bottle.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- The last lunch.
- Tips to guide, chef, and porters.
- Hiking poles U.S $10.00
- Vistadome train -US $75 (one way)
- Vistadome train -US $130 (round trip)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain US$ 30.00
- Machu Picchu Mountain US$ 30.00
Every camping tour includes a spacious 4 man tent that will be shared by only two people so you can spread out a bit. These are all King Camp Tents made for all seasons. Our rentals are top of the line: Black Diamond Adjustable Walking Sticks .
Every trek includes a chef that has been trained in culinary school. They have learned the magic of mountain cooking and you will be amazed. You will enjoy full breakfast, lunch and dinner all served hot and tasty. We also include Happy Hour with snacks and some hot tea before dinner. The key to feeling good on a trek like this is eating well and staying hydrated.
Meals are all served family style - large plates for everyone to take what they like. And all food restrictions are honored. No matter if you are vegetarian or gluten free, you will always be well fed.
Price: U.S.$ 400.00 (Group Service)
Price: U.S.$ 520.00 (Private Service)
- Student Discount (only with active green ISIC card): US$25.00
- Under 18 years will pay as student: US$25.00
The Best Equipment
Runas Expeditions - Trekking & Expeditions Specialist
RE is a leader tour company in Trekking and Expeditions to Machu Picchu. We are working hard to create your best trip lifetime in Peru, All our tours are strictly operated by Runas Expeditions with the best staff.