Your Journey our Passion
This trail is great; Huchuy QosQo trail is another perfect place to hike through the Andes in a short time, the trek is not that difficult, you have short time, you want to do with your family, with friends, or as a group. Huchuy qosqo trail is for you and for everyone who wants to enjoy the nature and culture in short time. You will have the opportunity to learn about the Inca culture and local traditions, as we go through the local communities, the trail will take you the sacred valley of the Incas, and definitely you will be able to see unique views.
You will hike actually on the real Inca Trail who used to have connection to Cusco city, Huchuy qosqo site was one of the royal house of the Inca king, and it was one of the trail to access the jungle area.
You will hike with the best team made of our guides, chefs, porters and horsemen. You will be proud of the people in our team for their hard work. We treat our team very well and provide them with everything they need to work well and respond to your needs. We have the best equipment to camp in each camping sites.
The tour guide will meet you at your hotel one day before your tour to give you a briefing. They will tell you all about your tour, and answer any questions you may have. It is important to us that you ask any questions you may have so the tour guide will get you ready for your amazing tour.
Extra porter is included to carry your personal stuff (8 kg duffle bag).
Price: U.S.$ 480.00 per PersonBook Now
TOUR NAME HUCHUYQ'OSQO TREK 3DAYS / 2 NIGHTS
- Distance 22 km / 14.3 miles.
- Distance And Average time of hike per Day
- Day1 15km/10 miles. 9 hours
- Day2 7km/4.2 miles. 5 hours 30 min.
- Day3 MachuPicchu and back to Cusco
- Type of Trek Nature and Cultural, History and tradition Adventure.
- Min. Elevation 2000 meters / 6561ft.
- Max. Elevation 4400 meter / 14080ft.
- Weather From May to October dry season, from November to April wet season.
- HuaynaPicchu Mountain Optional, extra climbing at MachuPicchu site.
- Train Service Departure of your Train Ticket.
- We will confirm you at the office.
- the last night Hotel 3***.
- Departure Dates Every Day.
DAY 1: CUSCO – QUESSER PASS – Q’ORI COCHA LAKE – QENQO.
We will pick you up with our private minivan from your hotel at 6:30am. And then we will drive 25 minutes to Tambomachay village which is our starting point of the trek, before hiking our chef will prepare our first delicious breakfast with incredible views around. After breakfast you tour guide will introduce your team who is going to work with. And later on you will start with the official hike, the beginning of the hike is gently ascending for 2 hours to get the first pass called Quesser 4100m or 13300ft, and along the way you will be able to see Inca Site Tambomachay (water temple) and of course the most beautiful views, and also you will be able to see part of Cusco City.
After the summit, we will continue walking up and down gently way for about 3 and half hours to get lunch spot. This part of the trek will be mostly the high lands where you will see llamas and alpacas, lakes, and canyons etc. don’t worry about the time if you are walking slowly, take your time, and enjoy it every moment of this amazing hike. Our Tour Guide will be ready to help any times. And little by little you will reach the second summit 4200m /13700 ft.
Our lunch place will be after the second summit by the lake, our Chef will be waiting for us to give us a nice welcome with the incredible Coca tea. After lunch will be 4 more hours of walking to get camp site. From lunch place to third pass, we will keep ascending and walking some sections on a flat trail for 2 hours, along the way you will see more llamas and alpacas.
At the third summit (4300m/ 13800ft) you will able to have the most spectaculars views so you will stay a little bit in here to enjoy the views. Afterwards you continue descending for 2 hours to get our camp site called Qenqo (3800m/12400ft). On the way down you will pass through some farm lands and biggest lake called golden lake. Our first camp is by the village Qenqo, at this places the local ladies will come to our camp to offer some souvenirs so if you want you can purchase some souvenirs from the ladies. Arrival to camp around 5:00 pm.
Later enjoy the happy hour.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Snack, Dinner.
- Hot water bottles for the night.
- Lowest Elevation: 3800 m/ 12160 ft.
- Highest Elevation: 4300 m/ 13800 ft.
- Distance of walking: 15 km/10 miles.
- Approximate walking time: 10 hours.
- Level of Difficulty: Challenging.
- Area: Dry Mountain.
DAY 2: QUENQO – HUCHUYQOSQO – LAMAY – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN.
You will get up around 6:30am. This morning our porters will offer you the amazing Coca tea in your tent like room service. Later on you will pack your belongings and have breakfast; it means that you will start hiking around 7:30am. Today you will have the opportunity to learn more about Inca culture and the local tradition, because also you will visit one of the local families at Qenqo village and learn some traditions because this people still practice Inca Traditions.
Along the way also you will be able to see more Llamas and Alpacas. The highest point of this amazing trek is Pukapujio 4400 m / 14080 ft. You will be hiking on the Inca trail with amazing views of the high lands. The first 45 minutes of the hike will be ascending and also you will walk on the Inca trail, at the top of this trail you will have the first views of the sacred valley of the Incas, it is a unique experience. And after that the trail will be up and down, and down Inca trail for 2 and half hours of hiking to HuchuyQosqo Inca Site (3600m or 11800ft), which has just unique views because of the location of the area.
On the way down to The Inca trail you will pass through the canyon of Huchuy qosqo with incredible views. In Huchuy Qosqo you will be able to see and visit the Inca terraces, irrigate system, temples, stored houses, reservoir for water, and much more; you will have a guiding tour with your Tour guide, and after that you will get free time to take more pictures. later on we will carry on hiking all the down for 2 hours in direction to Lamay town where our chef will be waiting for us with our delicious lunch (sacred valley of the Incas 2900m or 9100ft). after lunch you will say goodbye to the chef, porter and horseman.
From Lamay town we will drive 1 hour and half to Ollantaytambo town train station and have dinner at the same place, you will be driving along the sacred valley of the Incas with the amazing views, and if you have time you can visit Ollantaytambo Inca Town because this place is still original Inca town and also you can visit one of the local bars to learn all about the process of the Inca beer called CHICHA or AJHA. This extra tour will be with your tour guide. Later on you will have dinner in one of the best restaurants of Ollantaytambo. Afterwards you will take the train to Aguas Calientes town which will take 1 hour and half. Once you will get there, your tour Guide will take you to your accommodation hotel.
Note: dinner normally is at Ollantaytambo, but sometimes we do have dinner in Aguas Calientes which is still in one of the best restaurants.
- Meals: breakfast, Snacks, Lunch, Dinner.
- Lowest Elevation: 2000m/ 6400 ft
- Highest Elevation: 4450 m/ 14240 ft
- Distance of walking: 7km/ 4.5 miles
- Approximate walking time: 6 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Challenging.
- Area: Dry Warn Mountain
DAY 3: MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO.
The most important and your magical day! You will get up and have breakfast early at the hotel, because the first bus to Machupicchu is at 5:30am. If you want to see the sunrise at Machupicchu site, you have to get up early. We will drive half an hour to reach the Inca city Machupicchu.
The Inca ruins Machupicchu opens at 6:00am. Your guiding tour at Machupicchu will take 2 hours approximately. After your tour, you will have free time to visit by yourself, so you can go to the sun gate, Inca Bridge, Machupicchu Mountain, Huaynapicchu Mountain. Once you have done Machupicchu, you take a bus back to Aguas Calientes. You will meet up with your tour guide in Aguas Calientes town to get your train ticket, or you can collect your ticket in machupicchu.
Your transportation back to Cusco will be by train and bus. From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo town, you will take a train, which will take 1 hour and half. After that, from Ollantaytambo to Cusco, you will go by our private van, which will take 2 hours.
All transportation in Cusco will be to your hotel.
- Meals: Breakfast
- Lowest Elevation: 2,040 m/ 6,691 ft
- Highest Elevation: 2,400 m/ 7,800 ft
Note: all our tour guides will take you to the official place to take the classic pictures of Machupicchu, and after this the tour guide will start the tour. Also, if you would like to hike Machupicchu or Huaynapicchu Mountain, or do any other upgrade, please let us know and we will arrange.
Huaynapicchu and Machupicchu Mountain you should book in advance like 3 month before doing any tours in Peru.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Original passport.
- International Student Cart (if you pay as a student ISIC).
- Immigration card.
- Sleeping bag (not included but you can rent here)
- Walking boots.
- Walking stick.
- Good backpack or daypack.
- Waterproof jacket.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Recyclable water container or camel bag.
- Comfortable trousers.
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Sun protection cream.
- Insect repellent
- Toilet paper.
- Personal medication.
- Extra money for souvenirs, extra food and drink.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Assistant Guide (for more than 9 people).
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Transportation to the starting point of trek and Transportation back in Cusco.
- Private Transportation from Lamay town to Ollantaytambo town.
- Train Service from Ollantaytambo town to Aguas Calientes.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Accommodation hotel at Aguas Calientes ***.
- Round trip Bus ticket from MachuPicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Entrance fee to HUCHUYQOSQO Inca Site.
- Entrance fee MachuPicchu site.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- Kitchen tent.
- Chef and assistant chef.
- Drinking water (boiled and filtered).
- Hot Water Bottle for the first camping place to sleep.
- 4-man tent (only 2 people).
- Pillow for the first camp.
- Duffle bag for your personal gear 8kg
- 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 afternoon snacks, 2 dinners.
- Sleeping mattress (foam).
- Rain poncho.
- Horses to carry all the equipment.
- Horse as emergencies.
- Pre-Trek Briefing.
- Toilet tent.
- Rain covers for your backpacks.
- First Aid kit and oxygen bottle.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- The last lunch at Aguas Calientes.
- Tips for Guia, chef, porter y arrieros.
- Hiking poles U.S $20.00
- Sleeping bag US $25.00
- Inflatable Mattress US $20.00
- Private Tent U.S $30.00
- Vistadome train - US $75 (only one way per person)
- Vistadome train - US $130 (round trip per person)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain US$ 30.00
- Machu Picchu Mountain US$ 30.00
Every camping tour includes a spacious 4 man tent that will be shared by only two people so you can spread out a bit. These are all King Camp Tents made for all seasons. Our rentals are top of the line: Inflatable Mattress, Black Diamond Adjustable Walking Sticks . Sleeping Bags rented from us are mummy style down bags for -15C and liners are always included.
Every trek includes a chef that has been trained in culinary school. They have learned the magic of mountain cooking and you will be amazed. You will enjoy full breakfast, lunch and dinner all served hot and tasty. We also include Happy Hour with snacks and some hot tea before dinner. The key to feeling good on a trek like this is eating well and staying hydrated.
Meals are all served family style - large plates for everyone to take what they like. And all food restrictions are honored. No matter if you are vegetarian or gluten free, you will always be well fed.
Price: $480USD Per person(Group Service)
Price: $600USD Per person(Private Service)
- Student Discount (only with active green ISIC card): US$25.00
- Under 18 years will pay as student: US$25.00
The Best Equipment
Runas Expeditions - Trekking & Expeditions Specialist
RE is a leader tour company in Trekking and Expeditions to Machu Picchu. We are working hard to create your best trip lifetime in Peru, All our tours are strictly operated by Runas Expeditions with the best staff.