Your Journey our Passion
This trail is recommended to everyone; you can hike the Inca trail in short time to reach Machu Picchu. Upon arrival to Machu Picchu by the Sun Gate, you will have the unique experience of viewing Machu Picchu from the Sun Gate. Flora, fauna and the Mountains are just impressive, you will walk 12 kilometers in total. You don’t worry about the high altitude because it’s low altitude. The tour offers you to explore Machu Picchu twice, Sunset and Sunrise. You will be visiting several Inca Ruins along the trail.
You will hike with the best team made of our guides. You will be proud of the people in our team for their hard work. We treat our team very well and provide them with everything they need to work well and respond to your needs.
The tour guide will meet you at your hotel one day before your tour to give you a briefing. They will tell you all about your tour, and answer any questions you may have. It is important to us that you ask any questions you may have so the tour guide will get you ready for your amazing tour.
Price: U.S.$ 520.00 per PersonBook Now
The tour offers you to explore MachuPicchu twice, in the afternoon Sunset and the next day in the morning Sunrise and also you will be visiting several Inca Ruins along the trail and one of them is the famous one called Wiñaywayna.
- TOUR NAME: SHORT INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS / 1 NIGHTS.
- TOTAL DISTANCE: 12km / 7 miles.
- Day1: 12km / 7 miles, 7 hours aprox.
- Type of trek: Nature, Cultural and history adventure and much more.
- Min. Elevation: 2000 m / 6400 ft.
- Max. Elevation: 2700 m / 8640 ft.
- Weather: From May to October dry season, from November to April wet season.
- Hot Spring: 1st Day, Optional at Aguas Calientes Town.
- HuaynaPicchu Mountain: Optional, you can climb if you book the ticket.
- Machu Picchu Mountains: optional, you can climb if you book the ticket.
- Train Service: Departure of your train ticket. We will confirm with you at the office.
- Departure Dates: Depended of your booking Time.
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM104 – WIÑAYWAYNA – SUNGATE - MACHUPICCHU SITE – AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN.We will pick you up from your hotel at 4:00a.m. And then we will drive 1hour and 45 minutes to get the train station in Ollantaytambo town. In Ollantaytambo station we will take the train at 6:10 a.m. Train journey will take 1 hour and half to get our starting point of the trek km 104 (2000m / 6400ft), and train follows the Urubamba river. Be awake because you will get nice views along the trip in the train like farmlands, snow – capped, Inca sites, and much more to see it. Km 104 is the train stop for the hikers of the Inca trail so you will get off the train and take the first photos of the expedition and pass the first check point of the Inca trail.
Once you have everything you need and you get ready, your Tour Guide will provide your snacks and your packed lunch. And then you will walk 5 minutes to visit the first Inca Ruins called Chachabamba (inca check point) and have the first explanation providing from the professional tour Guide. Afterwards you will officially start to trek around 8:40am. You will hike up hill Inca steps for 3 hours approximately to get the most beautiful Incan site on the Inca trail called WIÑAYWAYNA, along the way the tour Guide will point out the flora and fauna and explaining more about the Inca history. In Wiñaywayna site (2650 m / 8480ft), you will have box lunch and then you will explore and have a tour with you tour Guide, this inca ruins is amazing, you will have a unique experience. Afterwards we will still keep going to Machu Picchu, which will take 3 more hours max.
From Wiñaywayna you continue hiking for 1 and half more hours to get Sungate. In order to get the Sungate, we will hike 1 hour almost flat and the last 20 minutes will be up hill Inca steps. From Sungate you will have the first views of the lost city of the Incas Machu Picchu, Huaynapicchu Mountain and much more Mountains around. After this place we continue descending gently way to Machu Picchu for one more hour, on the way will have more chance to take more pictures, once you get Machu Picchu your Tour Guide will get you to the right place to take the classic photos of Machupicchu (Sunset).
Then you continue walking down for 10 more minutes to the check point of Machu Picchu to catch a touristic bus from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes for 30 minutes and then your Tour Guide will take you to your Hotel. Later on we will have dinner in the best restaurant Indio Feliz, and celebrate completing our hike!
As option you can go the Hot Spring before dinner.
- Meals: snacks, Box Lunch, Dinner
- Lowest Elevation: 2000 m/ 6400 ft.
- Highest Elevation: 2750 m/ 8800ft.
- Distance of walking: 12 km/ 7 miles
- Approximate walking time: 6 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate, easy.
- Area: Humid Mountain
DAY 2: MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO.The most important and your magical day! You will get up and have breakfast early at the hotel, because the first bus to Machupicchu is at 5:30am. If you want to enjoy the sunrise in Machupicchu, you have to get up early. We will drive half an hour to reach the Inca city Machupicchu. Machu Picchu opens at 6:00am. Your guiding tour in Machu Picchu will take 2 hours approximately. After your tour, you will have free time to explore by yourself, the Inca Bridge, Machupicchu Mountain, Huaynapicchu Mountain. Once you have done Machupicchu, you take a bus back to Aguas Calientes. You will meet up with your tour guide in Aguas Calientes town to get your train ticket, or you can collect your ticket in Machupicchu.
Your transportation back to Cusco will be by train and bus. From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo town, you will take a train, which will take 1 hour and half. Then, from Ollantaytambo to Cusco, you will go by our private van, which will take 2 hours.
All transportation back in Cusco or anywhere will be to your hotel.
- Meals: Breakfast
- Lowest Elevation: 2,040 m/ 6,491 ft.
- Highest Elevation: 2,400 m/ 7,800 ft.
- Weather: warm and humid.
Note: all our tour guides will take you to the official place to take the classic pictures of Machupicchu, and after this the tour guide will start the tour. Also, if you would like to hike Machupicchu or Huaynapicchu Mountain, or do any other upgrade, please let us know and we will arrange.
Huaynapicchu and Machupicchu Mountain you should book in advance like 3 month before doing any tours in Peru.
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE.
- Original passport.
- International Student Cart (if you pay as a student ISIC).
- Immigration card.
- Walking boots.
- Walking stick.
- Good backpack or daypack.
- Waterproof jacket.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Recyclable water container or camel bag.
- Comfortable trousers.
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Sun protection cream.
- Insect repellent
- Toilet paper.
- Personal medication.
- Extra money for souvenirs, extra food and drink.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Assistant Guide (for more than 9 people).
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Transportation to the starting point of trek and Transportation back in Cusco.
- Private Minivan from your Hotel to Ollantaytambo station.
- Touristic Train from Ollantaytambo to km 104 beginning of the hike.
- Touristic Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Private Minivan from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Packed lunch and energy drinks.
- Rain poncho.
- Accommodation hotel at Aguas Calientes ***.
- Breakfast at the hotel (day2).
- Amazing Dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- One way bus ticket from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes Town (day 1).
- Round trip Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes town to Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town (day2).
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail.
- Entrance fee Machupicchu site.
- Guiding Tour at Machupicchu site.
- First Aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Vegetarian option is available.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- The first breakfast and the last lunch.
- Tips for the tour guide.
- Hiking poles U.S $10.00
- Vistadome train -US $75.00 for trip from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain US$ 75.00
- Machu Picchu Mountain US$ 75.00
- Single occupancy hotel room U.S $50.00
Every camping tour includes a spacious 4 man tent that will be shared by only two people so you can spread out a bit. These are all King Camp Tents made for all seasons. Our rentals are top of the line: Inflatable mattress, Black Diamond Adjustable Walking Sticks . Sleeping Bags rented from us are mummy style down bags for -15C and liners are always included.
Every trek includes a chef that has been trained in culinary school. They have learned the magic of mountain cooking and you will be amazed. You will enjoy full breakfast, lunch and dinner all served hot and tasty. We also include Happy Hour with snacks and some hot tea before dinner. The key to feeling good on a trek like this is eating well and staying hydrated.
Meals are all served family style - large plates for everyone to take what they like. And all food restrictions are honored. No matter if you are vegetarian or gluten free, you will always be well fed.
Price: $520USD Per person.(group service)
Price: $600USD Per person.(private service)
- Student Discount (only with active green ISIC card): US$25.00
- Under 18 years will pay as student: US$25.00
The Best Equipment
Runas Expeditions Peru Tour Operator
is a leader tour company in trekking excursions and traditional tourism to Machu Picchu. We will be working together to create you the best trip lifetime in Peru, All our tours are strictly operated by Runas Expeditions with the best professional team.