Your Journey our Passion
The Inca Trail is today one of the most famous treks in the world and allows to reach Machu Picchu from the Holy Inca places. The road is paved with stones and has stairs, tunnels and bridges crossing rivers and valleys, cold Andean altitudes and high tropical forest. More than 400 species of orchids let discover along the route, as well as many species of animals which are endangered. This is the only national park where you can see still wildlife. These constructions covered by vegetation, never discovered by the Spanish, give to you the impression to hike and rediscover each of these places.
You will hike with the best team made of our guides, our chefs and porters. You will be proud of the people in our team for their hard work. We treat our team very well and provide them with everything they need to work well and respond to your needs. We have the best equipment to camp in each camping sites.
The tour guide will meet you at your hotel one day before your tour to give you a briefing. They will tell you all about your tour, and answer any questions you may have. It is important to us that you ask any questions you may have so the tour guide will get you ready for your amazing tour.
Extra porter is included to carry your personal stuff (7 kg duffle bag).
Price: U.S.$ 850.00 . per PersonBook Now
This Hiking tour is perfect for everyone, it is very high recommendable because you can enjoy it more the Inca Trail and you will hike short distances every day, this tour offers you to see Machupicchu twice, Sunset and Sunrise. Of course along the way you will see it just amazing views, the mountains range, the snow cups, Inca Sites, flora and fauna and much more. Our camping sites are just the best spot for every night.
- TOUR NAME: INCA TRAIL 5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS.
- TOTAL DISTANCE: 45km / 27 miles.
- Day1: 9 km/5.4 miles, 7 hours approx.
- Day2: 13 km /7.8 miles, 8 hours approx.
- Day3: 11 km/6.6 miles, 7 hours approx.
- Day4: 12 km/7.2 miles, 6 hours approx.
- Type of trek: Nature, Cultural and history adventure and much more.
- Min. Elevation: 2000 m / 6400 ft.
- Max. Elevation: 4200 m / 13700 ft.
- Weather: From May to October dry season, from November to April wet season.
- Hot Spring: 4th Day, Optional at Aguas Calientes Town.
- HuaynaPicchu Mountain: Optional, you can climb if you book the ticket.
- Machu Picchu Mountains: optional, you can climb if you book the ticket.
- Train Service: Departure of your train ticket. We will confirm with you at the office.
- Departure Dates: Depended of your booking Time.
- Note: If you have any questions please let us know.
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM82 – TARACHAYOQ – HATUNCHACA
We will pick you up from your hotel at 5:00am. After that you will drive 3 hours in order to get the starting point of the trek km 82 (2800m or 9500ft). In the morning you will drive through the sacred valley of the Incas with amazing views around one of these places we pass through is Ollantaytambo Inca Town and also we stop at this to purchase the last stuff for our hike (water, coca leaves etc.), and also we meet our porters and then we keep driving to the starting point of trek Inca Trail km 82. You will have breakfast before hiking which not far from first check point of the trail, our chef will prepare the first delicious breakfast, and then you will start hiking around 9:00am.
For us, it is only 6 hours of hiking in whole day, 4 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon, you will take your time, taking your pictures and having a lot of explanations from the tour Guide, the environment and landscape are wonderful and also you will pass through several villages like carpamayu, Mescaq, Taray, Hatunchaca and also you will see and visit the biggest Inca Ruins along the Inca Trail called Llaqtapata (2900m / 9280 ft). Lunch will be at Tarachayoq village over (2850m or 1010ft), and then, we will hike 2 more hours to get camping place called Hatunchaca (2950m or 1010ft). Trail in general is not that hard is flat with little up and down.
Hatunchaca camp is a small village but private for us and our amazing porter will be waiting for you at camp.
Not rush you will have plenty of time to do the trek and also our Tour Guides will be ready to help you at any times.
- Meals: Meals: Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch, happy hour, Dinner.
- Lowest Elevation: 2850 m/ 9120 ft
- Highest Elevation: 3000 m/ 9600 ft
- Distance of walking: 9 km/ 5.4 miles
- Approximate walking time: 6 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Easy.
- Area: Dry Mountain
DAY 2: HATUNCHACA – LLULLUCHAPAMPA – PAQAYMAYU
This is another wonderful day but challenging! We will get up at 6:00am. And then you will start our ascend to Dead Woman pass around 7:30am. Until one point you will probably be the only ones hiking on the trail and having the amazing views of the snow – capped Mountains and the cloud forest on the way, you will be trekking in the morning about 4 hours in order to get lunch which is uphill steps, lunch will be at llulluchapampa spot, at this place you can purchase the last supplies and also meet some llamas.
After lunch you keep ascending Inca steps for 2 more hours to get Dead Woman Pass (4215m / 13700), which is the highest point in whole Inca Trail, the views at this place is just amazing and the experience is unique, probably it’s not much people around which is even better after your resting and pictures at summit you will continue to descend for 2 more hours Inca steps to get the camping place called Pacaymayu (3600m or 11700ft), you will be arriving to camp at 4:30pm. The second day has a combination cloud forest and the high lands.
- Meals: Meals: Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch, happy hour, Dinner.
- Lowest Elevation: 3000 m/ 9600 ft
- Highest Elevation: 4215 m/ 13700 ft
- Distance of walking: 13 km/ 7.8 miles
- Approximate walking time: 8 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Challenging
- Area: Dry Mountain
DAY 3: PACAYMAYU – RUNCURACAY PASS – CHAQUICOCHA – PHUYUPATAMARCA
This is another special day! After the breakfast we will continue with our hike going uphill Inca steps for 2 hours to the second top, on the way you will see fantastic waterfalls, flora and fauna. Half way up to second top, we will stop to visit another Inca Ruins called Runcuraqay (Inca watch tower) and also it will be nice chance to rest and take more pictures of the valley, from Runcuraqay site you will be able to see Dead Woman Pass again. After that you keep hiking up for 1 more hour to reach the second highest point of the Inca Trail called Runcuraqay Pass (4000m / 12800ft).
At second summit you will have another impressive views of the valley and the snow cups, after the second summit you will continue descending for 2 hours to get our lunch spot, this part of the trail is jungle already cloud forest (beginning of the amazon basin), and also you will be visiting another 2 Inca Ruins called Sayaqmarca and Conchamarca (both temples). Lunch spot is called Chaquicocha and our chef will provide lunch around 12:30pm.
After lunch we will walk 2 more hours gently way which is almost flat with another amazing views around, along the way to third pass Phuyupatamarca you will be able to see the second highest mountain in Cusco Region called Salkantay (6200m /21000ft), Pumasillo Mountain (5750m /18400ft), Bonanza Mountain (5700m /18240ft) and also you will pass through the Inca tunnel, and this part of the trail is original, little by little you will reach the third Pass Phuyupatamarca (3650m / 11700ft). At Phuyupatamarca camp will have the one of the best views along the trail and also you will be able to see Machupicchu Mountain, Huaynapicchu Mountain and much more around.
This camping place is the best and also you will be able see the stars constellations milky way. Phuyupatamarca is our last camp site.
- Meals: Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch, happy hour, Dinner.
- Lowest Elevation: 3650 m/ 11700 ft
- Highest Elevation: 4000 m/ 12850 ft
- Distance of walking: 11 km/ 6.6 miles
- Approximate walking time: 7 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Challenging and Moderate.
- Area: Dry and Humid Mountain.
DAY 4: PHUYUMATAMARCA – WIÑAYNAYNA – SUNGATE – MACHUPICCHU.
Our incredible day! Today will have the opportunity to enjoy it one of the most spectacular sun sunrises on the Inca trail. You will still hike into the jungle with the amazing views on the way. Today you will go through the Sungate (2700m /8640ft). And you will be at Machupicchu in the afternoon to enjoy it the Sunset.
You will wake up at 6:00am. After your breakfast, you will start hiking around 7:00am. Today is mostly downhill from the third pass to Wiñaywayna will be 3 and half hours of descending stone steps. Right after breakfast we will walk down Inca steps for 10 minutes to visit the Inca Ruins Phuyupatamarca and have tour with tour Guide and also the views is spectacular. And little by little on the way we will be hiking into the rain forest which is warm and humid and then reach another Inca Ruins called Intipata (2800m/8960ft), at this place Intipata you have another incredible views, this Inca Ruins is huge and also you will relax to enjoy it all the views is unique. Afterwards you will continue descending Inca steps to get our lunch spot Wiñaywayna. Our chef will prepare our last lunch in the Mountains and will be the time to say goodbye to them, chef and porters, for us it is very important how happy you are about the service, your experience with them, in this case people normally tips them at this place any way tip is optional.
After lunch we continue with our activities, we will visit the last and most beautiful Inca Ruins called Wiñaywayna which is only 10 minutes of walking from lunch place, you will have a tour with your Professional Tour Guide and then you continue hiking for 1 and half more hours to get Sungate. In order to get the Sungate, we will hike 1 hour almost flat and the last 20 minutes will be uphill Inca steps to reach the Sungate. From Sungate you will have the first views of Machupicchu inca city and, Huaynapicchu Mountain and much more Mountains around. After this place we continue descending gently way to Machupicchu for one more hour, on the way will have more chance to take more pictures, once you get Machupicchu your Tour Guide will take you to the right place in Machupicchu, to take the classic photos of Machupicchu (Sunset).
After this you continue walking down for 10 more minutes to the check point of Machupicchu to catch a touristic bus from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes for 30 minutes and then your Tour Guide will take you to your Hotel. Later on we will have dinner in the best restaurant Indio Feliz, and celebrate completing our hike!
As option you can go the Hot Spring before dinner.
- Meals: Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch, Dinner.
- Lowest Elevation: 2650 m/ 8480 ft
- Highest Elevation: 3650 m/ 11700ft
- Distance of walking: 12 km/ 7 miles
- Approximate walking time: 7 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
- Area: Humid Mountain
DAY 5: MACHUPICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES - CUSCO.
The most important and your magical day! You will get up and have breakfast early at the hotel, because the first bus to Machupicchu is at 5:30am. If you want to see the sunrise at Machupicchu site, you have to get up early. We will drive half an hour to reach the Inca city Machupicchu. The Inca ruins Machupicchu opens at 6:00am. Your guiding tour at Machupicchu will take 2 hours approximately. After your tour, you will have free time to visit by yourself, so you can go to the sun gate, Inca Bridge, Machupicchu Mountain, Huaynapicchu Mountain. Once you have done Machupicchu, you take a bus back to Aguas Calientes. You will meet up with your tour guide in Aguas Calientes town to get your train ticket, or you can collect your ticket in machupicchu.
Your transportation back to Cusco will be by train and bus. From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo town, you will take a train, which will take 1 hour and half. After that, from Ollantaytambo to Cusco, you will go by our private van, which will take 2 hours.
All transportation back in Cusco or anywhere will be to your hotel.
- Meals: Breakfast and Snacks.
- Lowest Elevation: 2,040 m/ 6,691 ft.
- Highest Elevation: 2,400 m/ 7,800 ft.
- Weather: warm and humid.
Note: all our tour guides will take you to the official place to take the classic pictures of Machupicchu, and after this the tour guide will start the tour. Also, if you would like to hike Machupicchu or Huaynapicchu Mountain, or do any other upgrade, please let us know and we will arrange.
Huaynapicchu and Machupicchu Mountain you should book in advance like 3 month before doing any tours in Peru.
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE.
- Original passport.
- International Student Card (if pay as a student).
- Immigration card.
- Sleeping bag (not included but you can rent one from us)
- Walking boots
- Walking stick
- Good backpack or daypack
- Waterproof jacket.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves
- Recyclable water container or camel bag
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat + sunglasses
- Sun protection cream
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries (toilet paper, wet wipes, personal towel)
- Torch or head lamp
- Personal medication
- Extra money for additional drinks and food
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Assistant Guide (for more than 9 people).
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Transportation to the starting point of the trek and return to Cusco.
- One way bus ticket from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town (day 4)
- Round trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes town to Machupicchu (day 5 round trip bus ticket).
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Minivan from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and MachuPicchu site.
- Guiding tour at MachuPicchu site
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- Kitchen tent
- Chef and assistant chef.
- Drinking water (boiled and filtered).
- 4-man tent (only 2 people enter).
- 5 breakfasts, 4snacks, 4 lunches, 3 happy hours and 4 dinners.
- Duffle bag for your personal gear (holds 7kg)
- Toilet tent.
- Rain poncho.
- Porters to carry all the equipment (included your duffle bag).
- First Aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Hotel at Aguas Calientes 4th night (2 stars).
- Pre-trek briefing.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- The last lunch.
- Tips to guide, chef, and porters.
- Hiking poles U.S $20.00
- Sleeping bag US $25.00
- Inflatable Mattress US $25.00
- Private Tent U.S $30.00
- Vistadome train -US $75.00 (one way)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain US$ 75.00
- Machu Picchu Mountain US$ 75.00
Every camping tour includes a spacious 4 man tent that will be shared by only two people so you can spread out a bit. These are all King Camp Tents made for all seasons. Our rentals are top of the line: Inflatable Mattress, Black Diamond Adjustable Walking Sticks . Sleeping Bags rented from us are mummy style down bags for -15C and liners are always included.
Every trek includes a chef that has been trained in culinary school. They have learned the magic of mountain cooking and you will be amazed. You will enjoy full breakfast, lunch and dinner all served hot and tasty. We also include Happy Hour with snacks and some hot tea before dinner. The key to feeling good on a trek like this is eating well and staying hydrated.
Meals are all served family style - large plates for everyone to take what they like. And all food restrictions are honored. No matter if you are vegetarian or gluten free, you will always be well fed.
US $850.00 per Person
- Student Discount (only with active green ISIC card): US$25.00
- Under 18 years will pay as student: US$25.00
The Best Equipment
Runas Expeditions - Trekking & Expeditions Specialist
RE is a leader tour company in Trekking and Expeditions to Machu Picchu. We are working hard to create your best trip lifetime in Peru, All our tours are strictly operated by Runas Expeditions with the best staff.