Your Journey our Passion
Time is important. And if you don’t have too much time, but you still want to visit the sacred valley of the Incas, and the lost city of the Incas Machu Picchu. This is the perfect tour for you; in two day you will be visiting several places and learning so many things about Incas history and Peruvian culture. Instead of the 4 days tour, you can do it in 2 days, and have the most incredible experience.
You will have a tour with the best team made of our guides and drivers.We treat our team very well and provide them with everything they need to work well and respond to your needs.
The tour guide will meet you at your hotel one day before your tour to give you a briefing. They will tell you all about your tour, and answer any questions you may have. It is important to us that you ask any questions you may have so the tour guide will get you ready for your amazing tour.
We included round trip transportation: Airport – Hotel, Hotel – Airport (Only Cusco).
Price: U.S.$ 500.00 per PersonBook Now
Day 1 - CUSCO - PISAQ - OLLANTAYTAMBO - AGUAS CALIENTES:
We are coming to pick you up from any hotels in Cusco with our private transportation at 8 a.m. And then we go in direction to our journey.
Why so early, most of the other tour groups start at the same time which is a distraction for your pictures and explanation at the Inca sites and it becomes crowded. First place to be visited you will go to the alpaca farm awanacancha where you will see Alpacas, Llamas, Guanacos, and vicuñas and your tour guide will give you background information and also your guide will show you the local museum of potatoes and a textile center.
Showing how the local people process alpaca wool before becoming in souvenirs. You can purchase at places, it has the most quality alpaca souvenirs. And then we’ll drive to the view point of the sacred valley (lookout point), where you’ll have the impressive views of the valley.
Following our tour we will drive to Pisaq the first visit Inca ruins. Here you can see magnificent views of the Inca remains, terraces, over 300 Inca tombs, army sector, and temples, etc. We’ll have around 2 hours to visit where your guide will explain all the information. And then before we return to the valley we’ll visit the most colorful and traditional local market Pisaq where you can purchase traditional textiles at low prices. The market is open every day, but on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays are most popular days.
The journey continues as we’ll drive along the beautiful valley with great scenery, you will be able to see the corn farmlands, the potatoes, the incredible quinoa and much more, which are farming on the Inca terraces. We’ll arrive at Urubamba town around 13:00 pm for our lunch. You will have an amazing selection of fresh dishes, served buffet-style. Afterwards we will drive for 30 minutes more to get the last Inca ruins as known as Ollantaytambo (Inca palace, water temple, sun temple, Inca terraces, etc).
This Inca site was built with pink granite rocks where you can see the second biggest rock from the Inca's time (85 tons). This living Incan town displays narrow walkways, lined with water channels. You will later take the train from Ollantaytambo station to Aguas Calientes, which is 1hour and 45 minutes journey. During the journey in the train you will see amazing views, so be sure you have your camera ready and try to stay awake. The train schedule will depend on how far in advance you are booking to get the availability of the train.
So train ticket we confirm you once you book it.
When you will be arriving in Aguas Calientes town you will meet our representative who will drop you off at your accommodation. At Aguas Calientes town you will have free time to do whatever you want to do for the nightlife. And also you can have dinner at any places there are so many choices.
Day 1: Trip Overview
- Wanacancha alpaca farm.
- Look out of the sacred valley.
- Pisaq ruins.
- Pisaq market.
- Urubamba town for lunch (lunch not included).
- Ollamtaytambo ruins.
- Hotel at Aguas Calientes ***.
- Tour Type: Cultural, and lots of history.
- Level of Difficulty: No hiking, just some little walks around the sites.
- Lowest Elevation: 2000 m/ 6400 ft.
- Highest Elevation: 3400 m/ 11000ft.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes Town – Machu Picchu – Cusco.
The most important day. Today you will be visiting the famous Sacred City of the Incas Machu Picchu.
You will have to get up very early and have breakfast in order to catch one of the first touristic buses to machupicchu. People normally get up at 4am. to enjoy the sun rise and avoid the crowded so it will be after you, you and your tour guide will arrange to catch the bus and to do the tour. The first bus is at 5:30am. and takes 30 minutes to Machu Picchu.
It can be enjoyable to arrive at the ruins as soon as they open the check point, at 6 a.m., to catch the magical mists on the ruins as the sun rises. Your tour guide will take you to the famous spot which has the best views for your classic photos of Machu picchu.
Then we will start the two hours of guiding, walking, visiting, and exploring all of the famous places of this amazing Inca city: guardian's house, the Sun temple, Temple of Mother Earth, The Intiwatana (sun dial), Main Plaza, Temple of the 3 Windows, temple of the Condor and much more to explorer.
After the guiding tour, you’ll get free time so you will have time to explore the ruins on your own. If you are climbing Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain, you will go head to do that excursion. If you don’t have the tickets for the mountains, you have more option, you can walk to the Sun Gate and get its amazing views or also you walk to the Inca Bridge so both of them are amazing and less crowded.
Once you’ll have done with Machu Picchu you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes to enjoy your lunch at one of the many restaurants. Make sure to arrive at train station 30 minutes before your departure. Our train schedule is usually around at 4:00 p.m. to Ollantaytambo.
So your transportation back in Cusco, it will be by train and bus. From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo town, it will be by train, which will take 1 hour and half, after that from Ollantaytambo to Cusco, it will be by our private van, which will take 2 hours. If you want to do upgrade train Vistadon class service, the end of the train journey will be at poroy station where our private transportation will be waiting for you to take back to your hotel.
All transportation back in Cusco or anywhere will be to your hotel.
Day 2: Trip Overview
- Meals: breakfast.
- Machupicchu site.
- Machupicchu tour of 2 hours.
- Transportation back to Cusco, Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo by train 2hours, from Ollamtaytambo to cusco by Runas Expeditions private transportation 2hours.
- All transportation is back to your hotel.
- Tour Type: Cultural, and lots of history.
- Level of Difficulty: No hiking, just some little walks around the Inca city.
- Lowest Elevation: 2000 m/ 6400 ft.
- Highest Elevation: 2400m/ 7680ft.
Note: all our tour guides will take you to the official place to take the classic pictures of Machupicchu, and after this the tour guide will start the tour. Also, if you would like to hike Machupicchu or Huaynapicchu Mountain, or do any other upgrade, please let us know and we will arrange for you.
If you prefer to climb Huayna Picchu for an extra $30, this needs to be booked in advance 2 month.
The other option is to climb Machu Picchu Mountain, this is an extremely challenging. It costs $15 per person, also you should book in advance as well.
- Huayna Picchu: ticket cost is $30 per person.
- Machu Picchu Mountain: ticket cost is $30 per person.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE TOUR?
- Private transportation for the sacred valley.
- Train transport from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes town (round trips)
- Bus transport to Machu Picchu round trip ticket.
- Train transport from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Private transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes***.
- Breakfast at the hotel on the next day.
- Entrance fee to Machupicchu.
- Entrance fee to visit the ruins of the Sacred Valley.
- Tour guide for two days. (We have the best professional tour guides of the region).
- Tour at Machu Picchu.
- Snacks for the first day.
- Rain Poncho.
- All the transportation back to Cusco will be to your hotel.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR?
- Meals are not included. (there are many restaurants in the area which are affordable, around 40 soles per person).
- Tip for your guide (optional).
- Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain.
- Travel insurance: this not required, but always recommended
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE:
- Daypack no more than 30 liters.
- Comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear.
- Extra money to purchase souvenirs, such as handicrafts, lunch etc.
- Camera with spare batteries
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Water to drink
- Scarf or a hat to protect your head from the strong sun, which can cause sunstroke
- A warm jacket for the evening
- Any necessary medication.
- Travel Insurance: This is not required, always recommended.
- Vistadome train - US $75 (only one way per person)
- Vistadome train - US $130 (round trip per person)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain US$ 30.00
- Machu Picchu Mountain US$ 30.00
Yo have many choices by your own
Price: $500 usd per person.
- Student Discount (only with active green ISIC card): US$25.00
- Under 18 years will pay as student: US$25.00
The Best Equipment
Runas Expeditions - Trekking & Expeditions Specialist
RE is a leader tour company in Trekking and Expeditions to Machu Picchu. We are working hard to create your best trip lifetime in Peru, All our tours are strictly operated by Runas Expeditions with the best staff.